The following specializations shall be offered as only MAJOR Specialisation
- Marketing Management (MKT)
- Financial Management (FIN)
- Human Resources Management (HRM)
- Operations & Supply Chain Management (OSCM)
- Business Analytics (BA)
The following specializations shall be offered as MINOR Specializations
1. Marketing Management (MKT)
2. Financial Management (FIN)
3. Human Resources Management (HRM)
4. Operations & Supply Chain Management (OSCM)
5. Business Analytics (BA)
6. Rural & Agribusiness Management (RABM)
7. Pharma & Healthcare Management (PHM)
8. Tourism & Hospitality Management (THM)
Major Specialization + Minor Specialization Combination:
- For a Major + Minor Specialization combination, the learner shall complete
a) Major Specialization – Courses: Total 9 (4 Subject Core courses and 5 Subject Elective courses)
b) Minor Specialization – Courses: Total 4 (2 Subject Core courses and 2 Subject Elective courses)
- For a Major + Minor Specialization combination the learner shall earn a) Major Specialization – Credits: Total 22 (12 Credits from Subject Core + Minimum 10 Credits from Subject Electives) b. Minor Specialization – Credits: Total 10 (6 Credits from Subject Core + Minimum 4 Credits from Subject Electives)
- The 10 credits of the MINOR specialization shall be from a single specialization, out of which 6 credits shall be mandatorily earned through the Subject Core Courses.
- The Major + Minor specialization combination is OPTIONAL.
- Students shall be permitted to opt for ANY Major + ANY Minor specialization combination, subject to institutional norms and guidelines, issued from time to time.
- A student opting for Major + Minor specialization combination shall opt for Foundation Courses / Enrichment Courses / Alternative Study Credit Courses ONLY in lieu of Generic Elective (GE – IL) Courses.
- Institutes may stipulate additional criteria of minimum SGPA / CGPA, number of backlogs, expectations about specific graduation discipline for students who wish to take up a specific specialization / specific major minor combination. Such criteria may also involve the potential employability criteria for a particular specialization /Major + Minor specialization combination.
Options & Guidelines for Choice of Specialization:
- Students can opt for a single specialization (i.e. Major Only – 5 choices)
- Students can opt for a two specializations (i.e. Major + Minor Combination – 1(Major) + 7(Minor) choices)
- Specializations which are offered ONLY as MINOR shall be offered in SECOND YEAR ONLY. (3 choices)
- Courses for the Minor specialization shall be taken up in the second year ONLY (in either Sem III or Sem IV or in a combination of Sem III and IV).
- The Major specialization of a student shall be determined by the Subject Core (SC) courses and the Subject Elective (SE – IL) courses chosen in Sem II
- All courses (Subject Core (SC) courses and the Subject Elective (SE – IL) courses) chosen in Sem II shall belong to the same specialization.
- The learners shall generally complete 6 Subject Core courses (2 each in semester II, III, IV) and 7 Subject Elective courses (2, 3, 2 each in semester II, III, IV respectively). In this case he /she shall be awarded MBA (Functional Area Specialization) degree, e.g. MBA (Marketing), MBA (Finance), etc.
- The learners shall complete 4 Subject Core courses and 5 Subject Elective courses of Major specialization and 2 Subject Core courses and 2 Subject Elective courses of Minor specialization. In this case he /she shall be awarded MBA (Functional Area Specialization Major + Functional Area Specialization Minor) degree, e.g. MBA (Marketing + Finance), etc.