2.3.1. Student centric methods, such as experiential learning, participative learning and problem solving methodologies are used for enhancing learning experiences
The institution has always implemented student centric learning activities. Engaging students in various activities and trying to give them a holistic experience has been the main aim of the management & teachers at SPIOM. Accordingly, the institute strives to design a teaching pedagogy that motivates students to participate in various academic and co-curricular activities, not just in the campus but also outside. Vocational education and training programs, skill enhancement activities, language labs, career counseling, personal counseling, yoga and meditation sessions, soft skill development courses,ICT enabled teaching have all been institutionalized.
1) Experiential Learning:
- • Industrial visits are organized every year to help the students. This correlates theory knowledge and practical exposure among the students
- • Excel Lab sessions are conducted to learn about representation of pie charts, graphs etc. Students use these representation techniques during data analysis and interpretation in their summer internship project.
- • Summer Internship Project and Dissertation the students are asked to complete dissertation based on winter projects or thorough topic study to augment the specialization subject knowledge.
2) Participative Learning:
SharadchandraPawar Institute of Management uses participative learning to encourage students to actively involved in learning process. The Institute uses many methods for participative learning like a few given below:
- • Group Discussion
- • Management Games
- • Class Room Presentation
- • Role Plays
- • Small Group Exercise
- • Participation in Inter-Institute Competitions
- • Participation in various committees and cells for organizing various events like seminars, conferences and workshops
- • Planning, Participation and execution of annual social gathering
3) Problem Solving Methodologies:
Catering to critical thinking, creativity and problem solving skills required by the corporate
world, many activities are undertaken to acquaint the students with real issues of businesses.
Student should learn to identify problems and use innovative thinking to solve problems faced by
the business organizations. Several problem solving methodologies and team based activities are
initiated through seminars, Discussion video cases and analysis in different courses.
4) ICT Enabled Teaching Learning:
ICT enabled teaching methods have been made available in the institute. There is Wi-Fi facility
available in the institute. The classrooms are fully equipped with internet connection, LCD
Projector and Smart board facilities. The institute provides Digital Library facilties like NDL,
online databases and ejournals such as JGATE, E-Books and Delnet are available to the students
for their academic and research excellence.